Devrent Valley is 20 km (12 mile) far to Nevsehir centurum. Situated over Avanos–Urgup road, Devrent Valley is one of the most attracting places of Cappadociawhere different formations of fairy chimneys can be watched. In the valley, known also as “Dream Valley” or “Pink Valley” for resembling to some creatures, hiking and camel tours can be done.
Also, it is possible to see interesting rock formations on the road through valley. Some of these are swollen skirted Mother Mary imitation and large and small human figures imitations. The most interesting figure is the rock formation which people liken to camel.
Devrent Valley, in which no rock church is found, is like a wonder of nature which takes the attention of hiking fans and compels the limitations of their imaginations.
Devrent Valley. Imagination Valley
PLACES TO VISIT IN CAPPADOCIA
- Goreme Open Air Museum: cave churches with frescoes
- Pasabag: mushroom-shaped fairy chimneys, monks valley
- Devrent: animal-shaped fairy chimneys, imagination valley
- Ihlara Valley: the deepest gorge of Anatolia
- Uchisar: Roman rock-cut castle
- Ortahisar: Roman rock-cut castle
- Avanos: center of pottery since the Hittites
- Zelve Open Air Museum: a cave town with churches
- Kaymakli Underground City: the largest underground city
- Derinkuyu Underground City: the deepest underground city
- Hacibektas: center of Bektasi sect of Islam
- Gulsehir: first settlements in Cappadocia
- Cave Churches: churches located in the valleys
- Caravanserais: 13th century hotels on the silk road